Tuesday 12 December 2017

Uniko - Spring Botanicals ....

... Hi! It's time to start the introductions for Uniko's December release. We have two sets today - Scattered Polka Dots Large Background and Spring Botanicals Snowdrop. Sadly, my parcel still hasn't arrived, so I'm going to let the rest of the team showcase the large background stamp, and I'm going to concentrate on the lovely snowdrop stamp. I made two cards, here's the first:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Spring Botanicals Snowdrop (digi), Reach for the Stars, Simply Said Blocks, Simply Said
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Lemon Lime Twist; Gina K - Black Onyx
Dies: Die-namics - Cross Stitch Rectangle Stax #5, A2 Rectangles Set 2 #9
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Lemon Lime Twist; Copics; Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush; Clear Embossing Powder


I printed the snowdrop image on white card, heat set it and die cut a panel with the cross stitch rectangle. I used Copics to colour the image and added lots of sparkle to the flowers with a clear glitter brush - you can see the sparkle in the photo below. I layered the panel on bright lime green card and adhered it to the centre of the card. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine on green card, heat embossed it with clear powder, cut it out and adhered it to the card with dimensional pads. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of lime green card and added a simple, but fun, birthday greeting to the white card.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here's the close-up photo showing the sparkle - I had to make the image quite dark in order to show the sparkle!!


I'm submitting this card to AAA Cards - AAA#105 where they want to see sparkle - hopefully!!!

My second card features the snowdrops left as an outline image, but printed in colour:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Spring Botanicals Snowdrop (digi), Simply Said Birthday, Happy Succulents
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Onyx, Blue Raspberry
Dies: Die-namics - A2 Stitched Rectangles Set 1 #9, Oval Stax
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gina K Card - Blue Raspberry; Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush; Clear Embossing Powder; US Stencil - Scattered Polka Dots; Vellum

I printed the image in colour and carefully cut it out. I used blue cardstock to make the base and on the white oval, I lightly stencilled some polka dots to create a bokeh effect. I die cut a panel of vellum on which I stamped and embossed a birthday sentiment. I ran the vellum through my Xyron and adhered it directly to the card. I used a strong adhesive to attach the snowdrops over the vellum. On the inside, I added a white panel with a simple greeting.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I added sparkle to the snowdrop flowers with a clear glitter brush, but you can barely see it in the photo above. It really does sparkle!!

Now that you've seen what I've made with the snowdrop, do visit Uniko to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the Design Team. A quick reminder of the release schedule:

Introductions: 12th - 15th December

RELEASE DAY: Saturday 16th December 9.00am GMT. The whole release will be available to purchase in the Uniko shop. As always, we will have a DT Blog Hop and Giveaway - enjoy!!

See you again soon.

signature

11 comments:

Karthikha said...

Beautiful cards :) I love the green one, the coloring is so pretty!

Cardsbymaaike said...

lovely snowflake and beautifully colored. Did you know there are snowflakes for all seasons? Than you for playing at AAA cards

cm said...

Both versions of your snowdrop are stunning, Deborah! Love the sparkle of the first and the pretty blue of the second! Hope your package arrives soon; I know well the frustration of waiting!
Hugs~carol

Jane said...

Stunning! Both of the are so crisp and fresh. Thanks for linking one up with AAA Cards.

Mary Holshouser said...

Both cards are wonderful.
I think I like the green/white
the best though.
thanks for sharing.

Izzy Scrap said...

Two wonderful cards Deborah ! You make wonders with printed images ! Love the delicate colouring on the first one ! Fabulous and creative second card printing the outlines in blue ! Hope you'll receive your parcel soon ! Hugs x

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Your cards are so pretty ! margessw@icloud.com

Lindsey said...

Delicate lovely cards Deb. I do like the blue one with the soft dotty background x

Dee Earnshaw said...

these cards are very striking - thanks for sharing:)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply stunning again Debs. Your snowdrops look so pretty in the delicate shades and your criss cross die-cut rectangle frames the image perfectly on the first one. Crisp and pretty in blue too. x

Coralynn Murray said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...