Sunday 11 February 2018

Uniko - 6th Birthday Treasure Hunt ...

.... Good morning! It's Uniko's 6th birthday today and we're having a treasure hunt to celebrate. I've been a Uniko fan since I first found Bev's wonderful stamps in 2012, and I think my first order included Decorative Doilies The Hands of Time (still available). It was then, and still is one of my favourite stamp sets. I was lucky enough to join Bev's Design Team in December 2014 and I always look forward to the new stamps and now new stencils too! Since Bev started the company in 2012, Uniko has released 104 (not including 2018 sets) clear stamp sets.

We hope that you will not only be inspired by the projects you find along the Treasure Hunt, but also take part by finding the NAME of a clear stamp set from each of the six years Uniko has been going, from 2012 - 2017.  Each person along the hop has created a project using a clear stamp set from the year they were allocated. They will also mention the year that the clear stamp set was released somewhere in the blog post.

There are 11 of us in the Design Team, and one of our number has made two projects - so 12 projects in all. There are 2 stamp sets from each year to be found - should be a piece of cake!!! More about how to enter can be found at the end of this post.

I was given the set Beautiful Blooms I, released in June 2013, and I've made several cards. Here's the first one:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Beautiful Blooms I, Simply Said Blocks, Fontiments Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Red Velvet, Dusty Rose; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Black Soot
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gina K Card - Red Velvet; Uniko Stencil - Broken Lines; Little Things Gems - Iridescent Clear; Clear Embossing Powder; Shimmer Spritz - Frost


I've used the colours from Colour Throwdown - CTD#479 and the sketch from Fusion - FUSION#91 in the design of this card. I started by covering the card base with the stencil and lightly brushing on black ink for a soft grey look. I stamped the large and small flowers and cut them out with my Scan'N'Cut. I attached the large red flower flat to the card and used dimensional tape to add the two pinks flowers. I stamped the sentiment in black, heat embossed with clear powder, cut it out and added it to the card with dimensional pads. To finish the front I added some shimmer spritz all over the card and some tiny gems. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of red card. On the white panel, I stamped the large flower in the centre and then added a greeting on top in black.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I was having such fun with Beautiful Blooms I that I made some more cards. Here's the second:

A Little Something - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Beautiful Blooms I, Background Block Horizontal Stripes, A Gift for You
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Delicata - Golden Glitz; Versamark
Dies: Die-namics - Zig-Zag Stitched Rectangles #2, Stitched Sentiment Strips
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Gold Glitter Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Clear and Gold Embossing Powder; Vellum


For this card, I've used the colours from the inspiration photo at TIME Out Challenge - TOC#102 and used the sketch from My Favourite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge - MFTWSC#371 for the layout. I cut a piece of gold glitter card slightly smaller than the card base and adhered it to the card. I die cut four panels from white card and used my MISTI to stamp the stripes. Using the MISTI meant that I was able to position the card in exactly the same place each time. I heat embossed all the stripes with clear powder. I adhered the panels using collage medium. I stamped the large Beautiful Bloom in gold ink - using my MISTI meant that I was able to repeatedly stamp the image to build the colour and shimmer. I cut it out and attached it to the card using dimensional tape. I cut a sentiment strip from vellum using a die, stamped the sentiment and heat embossed it with clear powder. I stamped two small sequins in Versamark and heat embossed them with gold powder. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel stamped the large bloom in gold and added a sentiment.

A Little Something inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsA Little Something sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

And here are the final two cards I made:

Various - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Beautiful Blooms I, Essentially Christmas, Marvellous Mehndi, Flower Power #6, Bright Butterflies
Inks: Gina K - Innocent Pink, Passionate Pink, Jelly Bean Green; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Grey, Smoky Slate; White Embossing Powder; Vellum


I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#323 for the layout and the colours are from CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#258 (although it might not be CAS enough)! Originally I was going to use some of my vast stash of design paper for these cards, but I decided to make my own paper using the smaller bloom from Beautiful Blooms I. I cut two pieces of white card exactly the same size and used my MISTI to do the stamping. I think for this, it is essential to have some sort of positioning tool. I started by positioning the flower at the top right of the card and stamping it in pale pink. I removed that piece of card, put in the other piece and stamped the same flower in dark pink. Next, I positioned the leaf and stamped it next to the dark pink flower. I removed the card, replaced the other piece and stamped the leaf again next to the pale pink flower. I carried on like this until I covered both pieces of card. I used some smaller stamps to fill in some of the white space. Next, I cut both pieces of card in half and then again across. Then I created two panels with alternating pieces. I layered the finished panels on grey card - one dark and one light. I attached the panel to a white card and finished the front by adding sentiment strips. On the inside I cut mat layers in grey to match the front of the card and added some flowers to the white panels:

Various sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Various i1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsVarious i2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

In order to enter the Treasure Hunt, you need to visit all the Design Team blogs and find the name of stamps sets released in each of the years 2012 to 2017. Here's the blog hop list:


Jot down your answers in an email, for example:

2012 Pure Florals Poinsettia/Pure Florals Gerbera
2013 Background Builders Round in Circles
2014 Explosion!
2105 Balloon Bash
2016 Originally Organic
2017 Reach For The Stars

Then email your answers to bev@uniko.co.uk by 9.00am GMT, Sunday 18th February 2018 (that's 4.00am EDT). All the correct answers will be entered into a prize draw and there are super prizes!!

The Prizes

Bev will randomly select THREE winners from all the correct entries that name six clear stamp sets from each year (2012-2017), to receive an in stock clear stamp set of their choice.

For all those who correctly name all 12 clear stamp sets from each of the 6 years and emails them to Bev, she will randomly pick ONE lucky winner to receive a £60 eGift Certificate to spend in the Uniko store!

Thank you so much for stopping by to see my projects. Happy Hunting!!

signature

38 comments:

Julie B said...

Fab batch of inspiration Deborah. Love the fresh pinks and greens. :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I think the Beautiful Blooms set you were allocated has to be one of my all time favourites Deborah and you've showcased it so perfectly in lush colours with shimmer and shine too.

Jane said...

Oh gorgeous Deborah! You've really shown the versatility of your assigned stamp set. I love your pretty colours and the one against the black stripes is mega stunning. And aren't I the lucky one to be assigned your favourite stamp set from 2012, Decorative Doilies - bit of an extra clue there for the treasure hunt!

CarlavdM said...

I too like this stampset a lot and you made some wonderfull cards with it.

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Wow Deborah, you are a busy bee! All your bloomy cards are so pretty and wake up the wish spring may be here soon!

I'm going to bake a far-away-birthday-cake and will celebrate this birthdaywith creating some more cards with Uniko Stamps! ;-)
Hugs, Wiebke

New Creations said...

So many beautiful creations, love each one and I love the black Horizontal stripes to pop ur bloom, so attractive!

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW, Deborah ! You rock with your allocated stamp ! Each card is so beautiful, you succeeded to showcase the versatility of the Uniko stamps. A very clever combination of challenges too ! I especially love your last cards with these beautiful spring colours ! Have a fabulous Sunday and a great coming week ! Hugs x

Lindsey said...

Wonderful showcase of the Beautiful Blooms set Deb. Lots of lovely ideas x

Sarah G said...

Wow, Deborah - you have really made the beautiful blooms shine in your fab post today! I love all of the cards including the drama of the black on your second card and the wonderful patchwork effect on your last cards....one that I will have to try :)

cm said...

This remains one of my favourite Uniko sets (actually, all my Uniko sets are favourites *grin*), and oh, how I love the showcases! The duo you designed for FMS: sooooo innovative!
Hugs~carol

karen h said...

Wonderful cards, Deborah. This set has been on my wishlist for a while now - you did a great job showcasing it! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

SD pooja said...

Beautiful cards !

sandie said...

Love how you showed so many ways to use this stamp and such an impressive use of the stamp for our challenge at Time Out, I whould never have thought p of that but you rocked it. So pleased you joined us at Time Out
, really creative Deborah x

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah these flowers are beautiful! You have shown so many creative ideas for using it.

Anita in France said...

What a fantastic showcase of Beautiful Blooms, Deborah ... they're all so pretty ... and the second is deliciously dramatic with the bold stripes and that lovely centrepiece! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

KandA said...

All fabulous cards, especially love the first xx

Trina P. said...

Wow! All beautiful cards. You did the Beautiful Blooms stamp set justice. Very inspiring.

Broni said...

Wow! They are all beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Cindy C. said...

Wow wonderful projects!! Thanks for the inspirations.

Karren said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards! Such a beautiful stamp and you've made it shine! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and Fusion.

Rahmat said...

Oh wow Deborah, I love all 3, and the second one bit more. Stunning showcase if the flowers.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GOSH, what wonderful and Gorgeous cards you have made with just the one stamp and a beauty it is too.
Faith
x

Mary Holshouser said...

Love your choice of colors for the
flowers. Ordinarily pinks are not
my favorite - but these look wonderful.
thanks for sharing.
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! Love these flowers and the color combos you used!

Carole said...

Wow you have gone to town here and no wonder it is my all time favourite stamp and your creations are fantastic!

Patricia Hays said...

You have a lovely assortment of cards here, Deborah! I especially like the first one, so CAS with the flowers against the subtly striped background. I'm glad our CC&S color combo inspired you for the last two cards - very clever of you to make two cards from the backgrounds you created!

Vickie Z said...

Fun cards! Love your Blooms in the CTD colors! So happy you joined us!

Teresa Kline said...

gorgoeus cards! I am so glad you played along with us at
freshly made sketches!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Linda Callahan said...

These blooms are gorgeous! Beautiful cards! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

Emily said...

Gorgeous cards and a great showcase of the versatility of this stamp set. Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

sandie said...

I know I commented earlier but an now doing the Uniko Hop and you really do know how yo make this set bloom x

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful showcase with this stamp set, Deb! I love the color palette you chose on the first card and how perfectly it works with the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Fusion!

samantha's cards said...

Lovely cards, thanks for joining in at CC&S.

Jeanne J. said...

So many beautiful cards Deborah! I love that gorgeous flower that is a trademark for Uniko! My favorite is the last two where you split the panel - so clever that it dropped me in my tracks!

Marianne said...

Love the different looks you have created using the same stamps. Also love the look of your last cards.

Milka Gubo said...

Your cards are beautiful!! :o)

Quillish said...

Wow.. stunners! Now that's some versatile cards!! You have inspired me to make more cards from one stamp Deborah.. Thank you:)

Viv said...

Great cards - wonderful examples of how to use one stamp and make many different cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...