Tuesday 27 February 2018

Uniko - Kindness Blooms and Fun Flowers Stencil ...

.... Good morning! It's the last day of Uniko Introductions, we have one more stamp set and another stencil - I really think you're going to like them both. I'm going to start with the stamp set:

Thanks Friend - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Kindness Blooms, All Occasion Sentiments # 3 and #6
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Marina Mist, Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Peekaboo Peach; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder; Copics; Nuvo - Aqua Shimmer Brush; Studio Katia - Silver Foil Crystals


I've made a really clean, simple card to showcase the large scribble flower in this stamp set. I used my MISTI to position and stamp the greeting. I stamped the flower on vellum, heat embossed with clear powder, coloured the reverse of the image with Copic markers, and added lots of shimmer to the front of the flower, then I fussy cut it out. I added some shimmer to the open letter of the word 'thanks' and finished the front by adding some silver foil crystals. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of peach card and on the white panel added a message and more flowers. I used the sketch from this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#260 for the layout and the colours are from last week's CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#260. I've also taken a close-up photo of the flower to show all the lovely shimmer - I find it best to make the image darker than normal so that you can really see the shimmer!

Thanks Friend inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThanks Friend sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Thanks Friend det - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

There are a lot more flowers on this next card where I use the Fun Flowers stencil, and matching stamps too:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Fun Flowers, Simply Said Blocks, Birthday Sentiments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Blueprint Sketch; Gina K - Jelly Bean Green
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Melon Mambo; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Aqua Shimmer Brush; Studio Katia - Silver Foil Crystals


The layout of this card is based on the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#325, although it's going live too late to join in!! I taped the stencil to white card and used pink and blue inks. I tried to keep the blue to the scallop edges of the flowers. I cut the panel to size, edged it with a black marker and adhered it to the card. I stamped some leaves in green and the matching flowers from the Fun Flowers set, and added colour to two of the images with the stencil - I went for more depth of colour on these colours. Once finished, I cut them out using my Scan'N'Cut. I attached the plain flower flat to the card and used dimensional pads to attach the coloured flowers. I finished the front with a simple, bold sentiment. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of bright pink card. I used the stencil and inked a pale pink background all over the white card and added a greeting.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Well, that's it! We've finished all the introductions and I hope you have enjoyed seeing all the wonderful projects from the Design Team. Tomorrow is RELEASE DAY at 9.00am GMT (that's 4.00am EDT) and all the products will be available for purchase from the Uniko shop.

Do pop back again tomorrow and join us for our traditional Design Team Blog Hop and Giveaway! See you then!

signature

12 comments:

KandA said...

Two super cards and great designs xx

Carole said...

This set looks very trendy and versatile and a lovely stencil too... love your designs.

Julie B said...

I didn't realise there was a stamp that went with the stencil, works really well. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Pretty cards! Great takes on the sketches!

cm said...

Whether solo or a trio, your flowers are absolutely lovely! Pairing them with the stamp set certainly adds to the impact. The Scan 'n Cut is gaining appeal each time I see its possibilities...
Hugs~carol

Sue D said...

Sweet floral cards. I like the use of vellum.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 perfect examples using the fun flowers stencil/stamp duo and the kindess blooms. Love the delicate shimmer on the first one and how you've teamed the outline 'thanks' with the friend sentiment - I'd never have thought of putting those together but they look great. Beautiful colours on both cards too Debs. x

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty color combos on your flowers! Love your cards!

Linda said...

Two gorgeous designs. I love the CAS look to the first one and a great mix of stamps and stencil on the second xx

Iris said...

So pretty - love the crisp, clean look.

Beverley said...

Another show stopper of a post with two beautiful and inspirational cards. I love your pairing of Kindness Blooms with All Occasion Sentiments and the loopy bloom looks wonderful on vellum. I love how you have paired the Fun Flowers Stencil and clear stamp set and the cluster of flowers is perfect. Another wonderful showcase, thank you & YOU ROCK! Hugs Bev x

Lindsey said...

Great idea with the bloom on vellum to accentuate the bold sentiment. I love the fun flowers pairing of the stencil with the stamp set - v funky x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...